The Complete Retirement Planner (TCRP) - News
TCRP 2021 is our most comprehensive planning tool to date, expanding on a long list of comprehensive planning features not found in other planning tools,
and including the most current tax laws, retirement account contribution limits, Medicare costs, and I.R.S. divisors for Required Minimum Distributions (RMD's).
Press - Selected as one of, "The Best Retirement Planning Tools", by U.S. News & World Report!
New Customers - Please continue reading below to see a complete list of the unique features that TCRP has to offer.
Existing Customers - As always, you may upgrade to the most recent version of TCRP for only $12.99! Use Discount Code: TCRP2021 at checkout.
Thank You for your continued confidence in The Complete Retirement Planner!
TCRP Gift Cards are also available, and are the perfect way to help friends and family to plan for their future as well. How thoughtful!
The Complete Retirement Planner
Regardless of your net worth or stage of life, creating a written financial plan is a crucial step in achieving financial security. Any financial adviser, and every
respected source on financial planning best practices will tell you this. Yet, ~80% of households have no such plan and are unsure of how to create one that
will account for decades of financial variables. It's also virtually impossible to find a financial planning tool thorough enough to do it with reasonable accuracy.
That's why The Complete Retirement Planner (TCRP) was created.
TCRP allows anyone to easily create a comprehensive, completely individualized financial plan for both pre- and post-retirement. Based on the same financial
planning principles used by professional advisers, it accounts for important variables that other tools ignore. The result is a detailed year by year roadmap of
your financial future, eliminating the need to rely on guesses, assumptions, or generic benchmarks to determine how much to save for retirement, what your
savings withdrawal rate should be, or how long your savings may last. TCRP solves these riddles for you so that you can plan for retirement with confidence.
How Does It Work?
The Complete Retirement Planner asks the essential questions needed to generate a precise, year by year forecast of your actual need.
Relying only on your personal information (not generic assumptions), it provides the most individualized and accurate results possible.
Considerable flexibility allows you to model what-if scenarios, plan for one-time events, and make all desired adjustments quickly and easily.
All expenses can be itemized and adjusted for different time periods, with total expenses calculating for each year. Multiple income sources,
Traditional and Roth 401k/IRA contributions and investment return rates, and employer contributions can all be entered by spouse, by year.
Social Security income (by spouse), non-retirement and retirement savings balances and distributions (each by spouse), Federal tax deductions,
and Federal/State tax liability are also calculated for each year.
The result is a detailed and eye-opening picture of your financial future showing how much you will be able to save before retirement, how your savings
and income compare to your actual need, and how long your savings will ultimately last during retirement.
It's important to note that all of your information remains completely within your control. TCRP is a digital download that you save to your computer so that
only you have access to it. For ease of use, it operates using Microsoft Excel, for either PCs or Macs. Please note - a full version of Excel (2013 or later) is required.
Unfortunately, TCRP will not work with iPads or with free online versions of Excel as neither supports all necessary Excel functions. TCRP is updated annually with
any tax law changes and feature improvements, and existing customers may purchase updated versions for only $12.99.
Why Is It Called The "Complete" Retirement Planner?
TCRP is a unique financial planning tool that incorporates technical and educational features that simply won't be found elsewhere.
• Interview style questions, with explanatory notes, easily guide you through the set up, providing an unparalleled ease of use.
• Clear educational notes on complex topics (e.g. Medicare costs, tax laws, Social Security) help to inform you.
• Flexibility in entering variable income, expenses, investment returns, savings, and one time events allows for individual needs.
• Critical variables that are often ignored by other planning tools, but have a big impact on results, are accounted for (listed below).
• A high level of clarity and detail in the results provides transparency into how it all works from start to finish, making it truly "complete".
The following features set TCRP apart from all other financial planning tools:
• If married, there are separate entries by spouse for: multiple sources of annual income, cash/investment balances and interest/return rates,
retirement savings balances/contributions/return rates, retirement ages, and Social Security claiming ages. Being able to enter this information
for each spouse is essential for accuracy!
• The ability to itemize both current and future expenses, and to specify how those amounts may change over different time frames.
This determines actual need, by year. For greater accuracy, fixed expenses are not inflation adjusted! This detail is significant.
• If you own a home (or two), annual tax deductions for mortgage interest and property taxes are calculated automatically. You can also specify if either mortgage
will be paid off early, or either house sold, automatically adjusting your total expenses and deductions from that year forward. You have the option to use the
net proceeds from a home sale to help pay future expenses. Mortgage information for future home purchases may also be entered.
• Easily model Sequence of Returns Risk for retirement savings by entering varying investment return rates, by year, by spouse. Most planning tools use the same
rate of return for every year, which can easily produce unrealistic and misleading results. Please see our Blog posts, Why "Sequence Of Returns" Matters, and,
Using The Same Return Rate For All Years Of A Financial Plan May Inflate Your Results By 30%, to better understand why using varying return rates is so important.
• Social Security benefits, including spousal benefits (if married), survivor benefits (if desired), and annual Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA's) are calculated
automatically for each year starting with your chosen claiming age(s). Enter different claiming ages, by spouse, to instantly see the long-term impact on your
total retirement results, and to optimize your Social Security income!
• To assist with understanding Social Security claiming options, there's a built in Social Security calculator. Educational notes provide an overview of common
benefit options, and the calculator quickly models monthly and lifetime benefit results, by spouse, by claiming age.
• If married, a life expectancy age may be entered for either spouse, with the surviving spouse's Social Security income and Federal tax filing status automatically
recalculating as of that age. It's important to be aware of the impact these changes may have on the surviving spouse's long-term results.
• Federal taxes on ordinary income, taxable distributions, and Social Security (different tax laws) are calculated separately for each year (not just an estimated rate
for all years/income types), and include any repeatable tax deductions for mortgage interest, real estate taxes, State income/sales tax, charity, and medical costs.
An effective rate for State income tax may also be entered, completing the picture of total tax liability. This is crucial, as taxes can have a significant impact on how
long your savings may last.
• Help with estimating health care costs in retirement, with those costs automatically adjusting at a yearly inflation rate unique to health care.
(Projections are from the U.S. Department Of The Actuary). No other planning tool does this, and it has a huge effect on results.
• Required Minimum Distributions (RMD's) are calculated automatically, year by year, by spouse, using the I.R.S. divisor schedule.
• In any year that net income is greater than expenses 25% of the excess is saved and applied to future expenses. If desired, this % may be increased to
help regulate any potential "lost" income. In any year that RMD's are greater than actual need, 70% of the excess is saved and applied to future expenses.
These "automatic savings" help to delay Roth IRA/401k distributions, increasing those savings over time.
• Distributions from retirement savings are specified by spouse (starting at age 60 to avoid possible early withdrawal penalties), and are based on actual need.
All distributions include any expenses not paid by income and the tax liability on the distribution. This is essential, but it's a point that other planning tools ignore.
• Roth Conversions can easily be entered for either spouse, by year, with the tax liability automatically accounted for.
• Order Of Funds Used - Expenses are paid from income first, then from a proportional mix of available non-retirement savings and Traditional 401k/IRA's,
and finally from Roth 401k/IRA's. Cash equal to 2 years expenses (less income) is held in reserve to protect against having to sell investments at an
inopportune time, or during a market downturn. This hybrid approach helps to maintain liquidity, reduce RMD's and their tax liability, and allow Roth IRA's
more time to grow. Savings last longer and tax liability is less than if only one fund type was exhausted at a time.
• The ability to enter expected/unexpected one time events (additions or subtractions) that significantly impact retirement savings.
• Results for each spouse are shown, by year, for: taxable income, non-taxable income, Social Security income, non-retirement savings balances/distributions,
401k/IRA savings contributions/distributions/balances and investment return rates, and Roth 401k/IRA savings contributions/distributions/balances.
• Total combined results (single or married) are shown, by year, for: gross taxable income, Federal/State tax liability, Federal tax deductions, income available
to pay expenses, total expenses, non-retirement savings balance and distributions, retirement savings balance and distributions, and each 401k/IRA
distribution's % of total savings.
How's that for complete? There's simply no other financial planning tool like The Complete Retirement Planner!
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive financial planning tool that allows anyone to easily create a detailed, thorough, and reliable
financial plan for pre- and/or post-retirement. While no plan can account for every possibility, or accurately predict the future, we believe
that the need-based philosophy and individualized detail incorporated into this planning tool will come as close as possible to that goal.
In addition, the cost of TCRP must be affordable for everyone and represent an exceptional value. Priced at only $79.99, we're confident
that this represents an unparalleled value for a professionally designed financial planning tool with such advanced capabilities.
We encourage you to compare its features to any other planning tool that you can find at double, triple, or even quadruple the cost.
You can even compare the information this planner provides to financial plans costing thousands of dollars from professional advisers.
We are committed to providing the best possible retirement planning tool, at the best possible price. It's that simple.
With The Complete Retirement Planner, there's no need to be a part of "the 80%" any longer!
Stop guessing, start planning, and retire with confidence!
"Easy to use, and love the year by year results. Distributions by spouse really helps, too. Got much more information than the planner
I paid twice as much for. Live and learn." P.M., Sierra Vista, AZ
"I appreciate the information this planner provides - it has paid for itself today. The great thing is that I can try different iterations and
see what works for us. Very useful tool." D.S., Pensacola, FL
"This thing is AWESOME! I have tried out a few online tools and have found them to be marginally useful. This planner is unlike anything
out in the market today. Great job!" A.J., Seattle, WA
"The tool is exactly what I had envisioned and I'm very pleased with it's thoroughness and completeness." M.N., Roanoke, VA
"I bought your Retirement Planner because I need help in figuring out my retirement. Very nice! Thank you." G.F., Milipitas, CA
"This planner is informative, user-friendly, and the consummate guide that captures pivotal variables that I would have overlooked.
This in itself is worth the price of admission." G.P., Kingston, R.I.
"You have created a really good planner that I am thrilled to have found." R.A., San Diego, CA
"This is exactly what I have been looking for! Doing "what ifs" with this planner is effortless and very interesting." J.K., Snohomish, WA
"This planner is excellent, and you include several elements that many planners do not." F.B., Boise, ID
"Thank you for this planning tool. I'm very happy to have found something that feels much more comprehensive in calculating retirement costs." M.N., Wauwatosa, WI
"Love this planner!" C.B., Mission Viejo, CA
"The planner is pretty impressive. I like to see cold, hard facts and not educated guessing." D.C., Baldwin, MO
"This planner is very helpful in my planning efforts. I would say it is the best I’ve seen." K.N., Grand Rapids, MI
Also mentioned in U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, USA Today, MSN.com, BestLife Online Magazine, USA News Group,
GoBankingRates.com, Lifehacker.com, FitSmall Business.com, StudentLoanHero.com, and the Quicken Loans Blog!
Still not sure? Click here, or select the "View The Planner" button at the top of the page, to view actual pages from the planner.
If you have any questions, or would like to share your thoughts, please Click Here or select the "Contact Us" button at the top of the page.
Thank You for your interest in The Complete Retirement Planner!