The Complete Retirement Planner (TCRP) - News
TCRP 2023 is our most comprehensive retirement planning tool to date, and includes the most current tax laws, retirement account contribution limits,
Medicare costs and Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules. A long list of essential planning features not offered by other planning tools,
along with considerable ease-of-use and unbeatable affordability, is why TCRP is one of the most advanced retirement planning tools available.
It is also why TCRP has been selected as one of the "Best Retirement Planning Tools" by U.S. News & World Report for the past three years!
Special Offer - Any full price purchase of TCRP 2023 during November and December qualifies for a free version of TCRP 2024 (coming in early January).
Start your planning today, knowing that the latest version of TCRP is coming your way soon. We'll even email you when it's ready!
New Customers - Please continue reading below to see the complete list of planning features that TCRP provides.
Existing Customers - Upgrade to TCRP 2023 for only $12.99! At checkout, use Discount Code: TCRP2023, along with your original email address.
Thank You for your continued confidence in The Complete Retirement Planner!
TCRP Gift Cards are also available, and are the perfect way to help friends and family to plan for their financial future as well!
The Complete Retirement Planner
Regardless of your net worth or stage of life, creating a written financial plan is a crucial step in achieving long-term financial security.
Every respected source on financial planning best practices will tell you this, yet, ~80% of households still have no such plan.
That's why The Complete Retirement Planner (TCRP) was created.
TCRP allows anyone to easily create an individualized, comprehensive financial plan for both pre- and post-retirement. Based on the same financial
planning principles used by professional advisers, it provides a detailed year by year roadmap of your financial future that clearly shows how much
is needed to save for retirement, the impact of claiming Social Security at different ages, and a necessary annual savings withdrawal rate.
TCRP solves these riddles for you so that you can plan for retirement with confidence.
How Does It Work?
TCRP asks the essential questions needed to generate a precise, year by year forecast of your actual need - including both expenses and taxes.
Multiple income sources (e.g., wages, pensions, Social Security), 401k/IRA contributions and investment return rates, and HSA contributions can all
be entered by spouse, by year. Total savings and income are compared to expenses for each year, and non-retirement and retirement savings distributions
are automatically calculated by spouse, by year, when needed. Federal tax deductions and Federal/State tax liability are also shown, by year.
The result is a detailed and eye-opening picture of your financial future showing how much you will be able to save before retirement,
how your savings and income compare to your actual need, and how long your savings will ultimately last during retirement.
Considerable flexibility also allows you to try what-if scenarios, plan for one-time events, and make all desired adjustments quickly and easily.
Relying only on your personal information (not generic assumptions), TCRP provides the most individualized and accurate results possible.
For your security, all of your information remains completely within your control. TCRP is a digital download that you save to your computer so that only you
have access to it. For ease of use, it operates using Microsoft Excel, for either PCs or Macs. Please Note - a full (paid) version of Excel (2016 or later) is required.
TCRP will not work with the free online version of Excel, or other Excel "apps" (e.g., Numbers, Google Sheets, Libre Office) as they do not support all Excel functions.
TCRP is updated annually (in January) with any tax law changes and feature improvements, and existing customers may purchase updated versions for only $12.99.
Why Is It Called The "Complete" Retirement Planner?
TCRP is a unique retirement planning tool that incorporates technical and educational features that simply won't be found elsewhere.
• Interview style questions, with explanatory notes, easily guide you through the set-up, providing an unparalleled ease of use.
• Clear educational notes on complex topics (e.g., Medicare costs, tax laws, Social Security benefits) help to inform you.
• Flexibility in entering variable income, expenses, investment returns, savings, and one time events allows for individual needs.
• Critical variables that are often ignored by other planning tools, but have a big impact on results, are accounted for (listed below).
• A high level of clarity and detail in the results provides transparency into how it all works from start to finish, making it truly "complete".
These are the combined features that set TCRP apart from all other retirement planning tools:
• Entries by spouse (if married) for:
- Multiple sources of annual income (e.g., wages, pensions, non-taxable).
- Non-retirement cash and investment savings balances and expected interest/return rates for before and after retirement.
- Retirement savings balances, contributions, and annual return rates.
- HSA balances and annual contributions.
- Desired retirement age and Social Security claiming age.
Entering this information by spouse provides a great deal of flexibility and is essential for accuracy!
• Itemize current and future expenses, and how those amounts may change over different time frames. This determines actual need, by year.
- For greater accuracy, fixed expenses (e.g., mortgage principal, auto loans) are not inflation adjusted! This detail is significant.
• Annual tax deductions for mortgage interest and property taxes are calculated automatically for two properties.
- Specify if a mortgage will be paid off early, or a property sold, to automatically adjust your total expenses and tax deductions from that year forward.
- Mortgage and real estate tax information for future home purchases may also be entered.
• Easily model Sequence of Returns Risk by entering varying investment return rates for retirement savings, by year, by spouse.
Most planning tools default to using the same rate of return for every year, which can easily produce unrealistic and misleading results.
• Social Security benefits, including Spousal benefits (if married), Survivor benefits (if desired), and annual Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA's)
are calculated automatically for each year starting with your chosen claiming age(s).
- Enter different claiming ages, by spouse, to instantly see the long-term impact on your total retirement results, and to optimize your Social Security income!
• To assist with understanding Social Security claiming options, there's a built in Social Security calculator.
- See an overview of common benefit options, and use the calculator to quickly model monthly and lifetime benefit results, by spouse, by claiming age.
• If married, a life expectancy age may be entered for either spouse.
- The surviving spouse's Social Security income and Federal tax filing status automatically recalculates as of that age.
It is important to be aware of the impact these changes may have on the surviving spouse's long-term results.
• Federal taxes on income, taxable distributions, and Social Security (different tax laws) are calculated by year rather than using a single rate for all years/income types.
- An effective rate for State income tax may also be entered, along with tax deductions for mortgage interest, real estate taxes, State income/sales tax, charity,
and medical costs, completing the picture of total tax liability. This is crucial, as taxes can have a significant impact on how long your savings may last.
• Help with estimating health care costs in retirement, including an automatic alert if you may be affected by IRMAA (possibly causing higher Medicare costs).
• The ability to enter a General inflation rate, and a separate Health Care inflation rate.
- The General rate applies to most expenses, but not to fixed expenses (e.g., mortgage principal/interest, auto loans) to prevent artificially inflating those expenses.
- The Health Care rate applies to designated health care expenses that historically experience higher inflation than core expenses.
No other planning tool does this, and it has a huge effect on results.
• Required Minimum Distributions (RMD's) from retirement savings are calculated automatically, year by year, by spouse, using the I.R.S. divisor schedule.
• In any year that net income is greater than expenses at least 25% of the excess is saved (to be conservative) and may be applied to future expenses.
- If desired, this % may be increased to help regulate any potential "lost" income.
- In any year that RMD's are greater than actual need, 85% of the excess is saved and may be applied to future expenses.
• Distributions from retirement savings are specified by spouse, by year, and are based on actual need, accounting for any expenses not paid by income.
- Each spouse may specify the age to start distributions (starting at age 55) to help with early retirement, or to delay distributions (and their taxes) up to RMD age.
- All distributions include the tax liability on the distribution. This is an essential point that other planning tools ignore.
• Roth Conversions can easily be entered for either spouse, by year, with the tax liability automatically accounted for.
• Qualified Charitable Donations (QCD's) may be entered, by year, by spouse, directly reducing RMD distributions as well as their corresponding tax liability.
• Order Of Funds Used - Expenses are paid from income first, then from proportional amounts of non-retirement and taxable 401k/IRA savings, and, finally,
from Roth 401k/IRA's. Cash equal to 2 years future expenses (minus income for those years) is held in reserve to help maintain liquidity.
Savings last longer and tax liability is less than if only one fund type was exhausted at a time.
• The ability to enter expected/unexpected one-time events (additions or subtractions) that significantly impact retirement savings.
- Positive amounts may be assigned to either spouse's cash or investment savings, with negative amounts being added to expenses in the designated year.
• Results for each spouse are shown, by year, for:
- Taxable income.
- Non-taxable income.
- Social Security income.
- Non-retirement savings balances and distributions.
- Traditional 401k/IRA savings balances, contributions, distributions, and investment return rates.
- Roth 401k/IRA savings balances, contributions, and distributions, and investment return rates.
- HSA balances and contributions.
• Total combined results (single or married) are shown, by year, for:
- Gross taxable income.
- Federal/State tax liability.
- Federal tax deductions.
- Income available to pay expenses.
- Total expenses.
- Non-retirement savings balances and distributions.
- Retirement savings balances and distributions.
- 401k/IRA distribution % of total savings (withdrawal rate).
- HSA balances and distributions.
How's that for complete?
See exactly what TCRP looks like, and how easy it is to create your own comprehensive financial plan, on the "View The Planner" page!
There's simply no other retirement planning tool like The Complete Retirement Planner!
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive retirement planning tool that allows anyone to easily create a detailed, thorough, and reliable
financial plan for pre- and/or post-retirement. While no plan can account for every possibility, or accurately predict the future, we believe
that the need-based philosophy and individualized detail incorporated into this planning tool will come as close as possible to that goal.
In addition, TCRP must always remain affordable for everyone and represent an exceptional value. Priced at only $89.99, we're confident
that this represents an unparalleled value for a professionally designed retirement planning tool with such advanced capabilities.
We encourage you to compare its extensive features to any other financial planning tool that you can find at double, or even triple, the cost.
You can even compare the information this planner provides to financial plans costing thousands of dollars from professional advisers.
We are committed to providing the best possible retirement planning tool, at the best possible price. It's that simple.
With The Complete Retirement Planner, there's no need to be a part of "the 80%" any longer!
Stop guessing, start planning, and retire with confidence!
"This is a great planning tool! You've exceeded my expectations and I'll recommend TCRP to my friends." C.P., San Clemente, CA
"Love TCRP! - So easy to model different scenarios. It's a very powerful tool and worth far more than its cost. A huge help in decision making,
especially to see when I can retire comfortably." P.J., Maple Valley, WA
"Hiring an "expert" to create a plan like this would have cost $2k - $3k but TCRP eliminates that need.
The investment in my education and in TCRP was worth every penny." A.R., Carmel, IN
"I truly appreciate TCRP. It is by far the most complete (as the name suggests) retirement planner I've found." B. H., Lebanon, OH
"This program is brilliant! TCRP is detailed and straight forward, and much more flexible and helpful than the Fidelity planner I have been using for years.
Customer service is also incredibly helpful and responsive. I highly recommend TCRP! " Anonymous, Lake Worth, FL
"My wife and I are so happy to have found TCRP. It is a very useful and extremely functional planning tool that provides valuable financial information." S.R., Mason, OH
"Easy to use, and offers much more information than the planner I paid twice as much for. Live and learn." P.M., Sierra Vista, AZ
"Being able to analyze how different decisions affect our finances is beyond helpful. So glad I found TCRP - it truly is life-changing!" S.C., Gallatin, TN
"Thank you for this planning tool. I'm very happy to have found something that feels much more comprehensive in calculating retirement costs." M.N., Wauwatosa, WI
"I have been looking for detailed retirement software like this for a while now - I love it!" C.D., Broomfield, CO
"TCRP is awesome, as is your support." L.H., Danville, CA
"This thing is AWESOME! Online tools are only marginally useful and don't account for fluctuations in earnings, spending and saving.
TCRP is unlike anything out in the market today. Great job!" A.J., Seattle, WA
"I really appreciate TCRP - it gave me the confidence to retire! Thanks for the awesome planning tool!" J.P., Asheville, NC
"Truly, I am grateful for this planner and all of your work to create it and support it! It's a brilliant tool that is providing me with peace of mind
regarding retirement and that is priceless." R.S., Andover, MA
"This planner is very helpful in my planning efforts. I would say it is the best I’ve seen." K.N., Grand Rapids, MI
Also mentioned in U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, USA Today, MSN.com, BestLife Online Magazine, USA News Group,
GoBankingRates.com, Lifehacker.com, FitSmall Business.com, StudentLoanHero.com, and the Quicken Loans Blog!
Still not sure? See every page of the planner on the "View The Planner" page.
If you have any questions, or would like to share your thoughts, please Contact Us. We're always here to help.
Thank You for your interest in The Complete Retirement Planner!