The Complete Retirement Planner (TCRP) - News
TCRP 2021 is now available! This annual update includes the most current tax laws, retirement account contribution limits, new I.R.S. divisors for
Required Minimum Distributions (RMD's), and current Medicare costs. There are also several new features that make this our most comprehensive
planning tool to date:
• If married, Social Security spousal benefits now calculate automatically when they are greater than your own benefit.
• If married, a life expectancy age may be entered for either spouse, with the resulting tax status changes and Social Security survivor benefits calculating automatically.
• For years when income is greater than expenses, specify what % of the excess should be saved and applied to future expenses.
• Taxes on Roth IRA conversions are now accounted for, making this process more accurate.
New Customers - Please continue reading below to see a complete list of the unique features TCRP has to offer.
Existing Customers - Upgrade to the 2021 version for only $9.99! Use Discount Code: TCRP2021 at checkout.
New! TCRP Gift Cards are available! The perfect way to help friends and family to stop guessing and start planning. What a thoughtful gift!
The Complete Retirement Planner
Regardless of your net worth or stage of life, creating a written financial plan is a crucial step in achieving financial security. Any financial adviser, and every
respected source on financial planning best practices will tell you this. Yet, 82% of households have no such plan and are unsure of how to create one.
Why? Not only is it easier said than done to properly account for decades of financial variables on your own, it's also virtually impossible to find a financial
planning tool thorough enough to do it with reasonable accuracy. That's why The Complete Retirement Planner (TCRP) was created.
TCRP allows anyone to easily create a comprehensive, completely individualized financial plan for both pre- and post-retirement. Based on the same financial
planning principles used by professional advisers, it accounts for important variables that other tools ignore. The result is a detailed year by year roadmap of
your financial future, eliminating the need to rely on guesses, assumptions, or generic benchmarks to determine how much to save for retirement, what your
withdrawal rate should be, or how long your savings may last. TCRP solves these riddles for you so that you can plan for retirement with confidence.
How Does It Work?
The Complete Retirement Planner asks the essential questions needed to generate a precise, year by year forecast of your actual need.
Relying only on your personal information (not generic assumptions), it provides the most individualized and accurate results possible.
Considerable flexibility allows you to model what-if scenarios, plan for one-time events, and make all desired adjustments quickly and easily.
All expenses can be itemized and adjusted for different time periods, with total expenses calculating independently for each year. Annual amounts
may be entered, by spouse, for: multiple income sources, Traditional and Roth 401k/IRA contributions, employer contributions, and investment return rates.
In addition, Social Security income (by spouse), Federal tax deductions, Federal/State tax liability, cash and investment balances, and retirement savings
distributions (by spouse) are all calculated for each individual year.
The result is a detailed and eye-opening picture of your financial future showing how much you will be able to save before retirement, how your savings
and income compare to your actual need, and how long your savings will ultimately last during retirement.
It's important to note that all of your information remains completely within your control. TCRP is a digital download that you save to your computer so that
only you have access to it. For ease of use, it operates using Microsoft Excel (version 2010 or later), available for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
Unfortunately, it will not work on iPads, as they do not support all necessary Excel functions. TCRP is updated annually with any tax law changes and
feature improvements, and existing customers may purchase updated versions for only $9.99.
Why Is It Called The "Complete" Retirement Planner?
TCRP is a unique financial planning tool that incorporates technical and educational features that simply won't be found elsewhere.
• Interview style questions, with explanatory notes, easily guide you through the set up, providing an unparalleled ease of use.
• Clear educational notes on complex topics (e.g. Medicare costs, tax laws, Social Security) help to inform you.
• Flexibility in entering variable income, expenses, investment returns, savings, and one time events allows for individual needs.
• Critical variables that are often ignored by other planning tools, but have a big impact on results, are accounted for (listed below).
• A high level of clarity and detail in the results provides transparency into how it all works from start to finish, making it truly "complete".
The following features set TCRP apart from all other financial planning tools:
• If married, there are separate entries by spouse for: multiple sources of annual income, retirement dates, Social Security benefits, retirement savings
contributions, cash/investment balances and interest/return rates. Being able to enter this information for each spouse is essential for accuracy!
• Easily model Sequence of Returns Risk for retirement savings by entering varying investment return rates, by year, by spouse.
Using the same rate of return for every year is unrealistic and produces misleading results. See our Blog post, Why "Sequence Of Returns" Matters.
• If you own a home (or two), annual tax deductions for mortgage interest and property taxes are calculated automatically. You can also specify if either mortgage
will be paid off early, or either house sold, automatically adjusting your total expenses and deductions from that year forward. You have the option to use the
net proceeds from a home sale to help pay future expenses.
• Social Security benefits, including spousal benefits (if married), survivor benefits (if desired), and annual Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA's) are calculated
automatically for each year starting with your chosen claiming age(s). Enter different claiming ages to instantly see the long-term impact on your total retirement
results, and to optimize your Social Security income!
• To assist with understanding Social Security claiming options, there's a built in Social Security calculator. Educational notes provide an overview of common
benefit options, and the calculator quickly models monthly and lifetime benefit results, by spouse, by claiming age.
• Federal taxes on ordinary income, taxable distributions, and Social Security (different tax laws) are calculated separately for each year (not just an estimated rate
for all years/income types), and include any repeatable tax deductions for mortgage interest, real estate taxes, State income/sales tax, charity, and medical costs.
An effective rate for State income tax may also be entered, completing the picture of total tax liability. This is critical, as taxes can have a significant impact on how
long your savings may last.
• Help with estimating health care costs in retirement, with those costs automatically adjusting at a yearly inflation rate unique to health care.
(Projections are from the U.S. Department Of The Actuary). No other planning tool does this, and it has a huge effect on results.
• The ability to itemize both current and future expenses, and to specify how those amounts may change over different time frames.
This determines actual need, by year. For greater accuracy, fixed expenses are not inflation adjusted! This detail is significant.
• Expenses are paid from income first, then from a proportionate mix of available cash/investments and Traditional 401k/IRA's, and finally from Roth 401k/IRA's.
Cash equal to 2 years expenses (less income) is held in reserve to protect against having to sell investments at an inopportune time, or during a market downturn.
This hybrid approach helps to maintain liquidity, reduce Required Minimum Distributions and their tax liability, and allow Roth IRA's more time to grow.
Savings last longer and tax liability is less than if only one fund type was exhausted at a time.
• Required Minimum Distributions (RMD's) are calculated automatically, year by year, by spouse, using the I.R.S. divisor schedule.
• In any year that net income is greater than expenses 25% of the excess is saved and applied to future expenses. If desired, this % may be increased to
help regulate any potential "lost" income. In any year that RMD's are greater than actual need, 70% of the excess is saved and applied to future expenses.
These "automatic savings" help to delay Roth IRA/401k distributions, increasing those savings over time.
• Distributions from retirement savings are specified by spouse, and are based on actual need. This means that all distribution amounts cover necessary
expenses and the tax liability on the distribution. This is crucial, but it's a point that other planning tools ignore.
• The ability to enter expected/unexpected one time events (additions or subtractions) that significantly impact retirement savings.
• Results for each spouse are shown, by year, for: ordinary income, non-taxable income, Social Security income, 401k/IRA savings contributions/distributions/balances,
investment return rates, Roth 401k/IRA savings contributions/distributions/balances, and cash/investment savings balances.
• Total combined results (single or married) are shown, by year, for: gross taxable income, Federal/State tax liability, Federal tax deductions, income available
to pay expenses, total expenses, cash available to pay expenses, cash used to pay expenses, total retirement savings distributions, each distribution's % of
total savings, and the balance of total retirement savings.
How's that for complete? There's simply no other financial planning tool like The Complete Retirement Planner!
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive financial planning tool that allows anyone to easily create a detailed, thorough, and reliable
financial plan for pre- and/or post-retirement. While no plan can account for every possibility, or accurately predict the future, we believe
that the need-based philosophy and individualized detail incorporated into this planning tool will come as close as possible to that goal.
In addition, the cost of TCRP must be affordable for everyone and represent an exceptional value. Priced at only $79.99, we're confident
that this represents an unparalleled value for a professionally designed financial planning tool with such advanced capabilities.
We encourage you to compare its features to any other planning tool that you can find at double, triple, or even quadruple the cost.
You can even compare the information this planner provides to financial plans costing thousands of dollars from professional advisers.
We are committed to providing the best possible retirement planning tool, at the best possible price. It's that simple.
With The Complete Retirement Planner, there's no need to be a part of the 82% any longer!
Stop guessing, start planning, and retire with confidence!
"Easy to use, and love the year by year results. Distributions by spouse really helps, too. Got much more information than the planner
I paid twice as much for. Live and learn." P.M., Sierra Vista, AZ
"I appreciate the information this planner provides - it has paid for itself today. The great thing is that I can try different iterations and
see what works for us. Very useful tool." D.S., Pensacola, FL
"This thing is AWESOME! I have tried out a few online tools and have found them to be marginally useful. This planner is unlike anything
out in the market today. Great job!" A.J., Seattle, WA
"The tool is exactly what I had envisioned and I'm very pleased with it's thoroughness and completeness." M.N., Roanoke, VA
"I bought your Retirement Planner because I need help in figuring out my retirement. Very nice! Thank you." G.F., Milipitas, CA
"This planner is informative, user-friendly, and the consummate guide that captures pivotal variables that I would have overlooked.
This in itself is worth the price of admission." G.P., Kingston, R.I.
"You have created a really good planner that I am thrilled to have found." R.A., San Diego, CA
"This is exactly what I have been looking for! Doing "what ifs" with this planner is effortless and very interesting." J.K., Snohomish, WA
"This planner is excellent, and you include several elements that many planners do not." F.B., Boise, ID
"Thank you for this planning tool. I'm very happy to have found something that feels much more comprehensive in calculating retirement costs." M.N., Wauwatosa, WI
"Love this planner!" C.B., Mission Viejo, CA
"The planner is pretty impressive. I like to see cold, hard facts and not educated guessing." D.C., Baldwin, MO
"This planner is very helpful in my planning efforts. I would say it is the best I’ve seen." K.N., Grand Rapids, MI
Also mentioned in U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, USA Today, MSN.com, BestLife Online Magazine, USA News Group, GoBankingRates.com, Lifehacker.com, FitSmall Business.com, StudentLoanHero.com, and the Quicken Loans Blog!
Still not sure? Click here, or select the "View The Planner" button at the top of the page, to view actual pages from the planner.
If you have any questions, or would like to share your thoughts, please Click Here or select the "Contact Us" button at the top of the page.
Thank You for your interest in The Complete Retirement Planner!