The Complete College Savings Calculator
- Select a specific type of institution for each child (Ivy League, Private College, in State/Out of State University, Community College) and it will estimate the costs for each one. If attending a State university, it even calculates the cost difference if the child will be living at home, or at school!
- For each child, enter if student loans will be allowed, and the amounts (if any).
- An initial amount of Financial Aid is automatically calculated since there are Grants and Scholarships available to all students (for those who qualify, need based aid may also be available). The amounts are based on national averages, and help to reflect a more realistic amount of possible costs, and the amount that will be needed to save.
- Finally, enter any amounts that have already been saved and/or invested, specifically for college. These amounts can be entered by child, or in total.
- If amounts are, or will be, invested, enter an expected investment return %. The calculator will determine how much those amounts may become by the time the child is of college age.
- Options are provided for how much to save per month, from now until the youngest child enters college, as well as how much needs to be saved if the savings are, or are not, invested.
Being financially prepared to pay for college is too important a topic to guess at! Use The Complete College Savings Calculator to quickly and easily create a savings plan that will help you to reach your goal.
To download this calculator by itself, at no charge, or to purchase The Complete Retirement Planner with this calculator built in, Click Here or select the "Buy Now" button at the top of the page!